Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Is there a squirrel in your pants, or are you just happy to see me?

I didn't intend to tell you about my nightmare, because it's somewhat embarrassing, but circumstances merged so that it became appropriate.

I dreamt that a squirrel was trying to force itself down the back of my pants. (Remember this was a nightmare, so no jokes about "the squirrel of my dreams" trying "to get into my pants" and me resisting.)

1) I interpreted the dream as Froggy trying to tell me what to do, as if he were my boss.

2) There's an interesting psychological aspect (or more than one, depending if you go for multifaceted or separate ideas). Skippy left on Friday for his annual mission trip out of the country. Before he had even left town for the airport, Froggy was already getting in my face (figuratively, since he's a lot shorter than me). I drew a parallel to where I used to work because Sub would behave the same way whenever Boss was out of town. Yesterday, Froggy tried to tell my crew and me what to do and how to do it. (Here's where the interesting part comes in.) Froggy's usual behavior is to identify tasks as someone else's problem and then get as far away as possible. He did this yesterday, but then he didn't leave. My best guess so far is that his chaos factor is ramped so high in Skippy's absence that he can't control himself.

3) Then there's this.



Just call me Harv.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home