Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, June 24, 2011

Sew Much for That Idea

I had intended to go through the old sewing machine repair store and our storage building with my punch list on Wednesday, to see if the buildings were ready for us to take occupancy. I didn't get to it until Thursday, because a Tuesday night storm took out another tree by the headmaster's house, and some branches throughout campus. (I did get to do it on Thursday.)

I skipped my workout on Wednesday, thinking that toting logs and limbs was enough exercise for one day. On Thursday, I thought maybe I could do Wednesday's workout a day late, etc. Then I found out that I'm being sent to Charlotte, NC next week, to help a company team survey the school system (125 schools!) for a grounds maintenance bid. So, between learning where I'm supposed to be and when and how to get there, and learning that the company's travel reservation process had completely changed in the past two years in which I haven't done any business traveling (so I have to learn something completely different), and waiting for Skippy not to arrive when he said he would and tell me something -- anything -- about it (after half an hour, I left), I missed working out again.

I won't get to work out this afternoon, either. Since I won't be in town most of next week, and since my car registration expires next Thursday, I'm going to spend this afternoon trying to find the county clerk's office, trying to find a place to park, and trying not to be overly aggravated by whatever stupid process they have in place.

I wonder if they'll save my spot in line so I can nip down and feed more quarters into the parking meter? (I guess I'll need to go to the bank for quarters, too.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home