Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

These people probably couldn't even "earn money from home".

My friend Betty blogged about a recent doctor visit, in which the phlebotomist had an "oops" moment when drawing blood. It brought to mind a similar moment in my life, when I had to show a new phlebotomist where to find the veins in my arm. Hint: look for all the other needle marks (um, from years of blood donations, not from illegal drug use). If you can't find a vein in my arms (and I once had an RN at a blood donor center say I have "excellent" veins), you probably shouldn't try to earn a living by drawing blood.

On Monday, my new bed was delivered. (The warehouse shipped some of the wrong parts, but that will be another blog post entirely.) The truck driver phoned from his previous stop to verify directions to my house. I took a book out to the front porch and read until he arrived. Except that he didn't arrive. I went back inside and saw my answering machine blinking with a message from the driver that he couldn't find my street. (At this point, it had been an hour since I expected him.) He didn't bother leaving me his phone number, though, so I called the shipping company and got it from them. When the truck driver arrived, he said he had made a right turn instead of a left turn. Now, if you started at 23rd St. and headed for 13th St., wouldn't you notice, say by the time you reached 40th St., that you had turned the wrong way? This guy needs a GPS in addition to his cell phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home