Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, May 30, 2011

What did we come in here for again?

It's official. Thing One and I need a chaperone to keep us from buying out the store when we go shopping. (At least we didn't go into any furniture stores this time.)

There's always something new at Dwight's second-hand store when we go in. (Either that, or things move around so we see them better.) The good news is that I bought just two owl figurines. The bad news is that I have to go back next weekend for the three train prints because I didn't have my plastic with me this weekend.

We stopped by Big Lots to see if they had any benches for Thing One's garden. Oh, she needs another storage tub that matches the one she bought before. Hey, and I can get one to store the crew's Gatorade packets at work (and that one matches the ones I bought to store the coffee packets). You know, I have that flag bracket on the front porch and no flag, and she doesn't have a flag, either. Ooh, I haven't seen that brand of snacks since leaving the Philadelphia area. I'm not into kite flying, but I could simply open that owl kite and hang it against a wall, instead of a piece of artwork. Um, what did we come in here for again? Nope, no garden benches.

After eating (at the most decent Mexican restaurant we've found), we went to K-Mart because they had sneakers and bathing suits on sale. Uh-oh. How dare they put plants outside the door to distract us green-type people before we even cross the threshold? Well, we got something tall and white for one of Thing One's planters. Then we got something tall and purple for the other. Ooh, they have hollyhocks, which I figured would look perfect on either side of her gate! And then she saw a type of hydrangea that had blue, purple, and white flowers simultaneously, and they were marked down 80% (even though they were perfectly healthy), so she got two. Finally inside the store, we had to get her a watering can, a soaker hose, and some fertilizer. They had a composite, garden bench, but we could go back to Dwight's and get that antique, cast iron one for the same amount. (Thankfully, there was no "yard art" either of us found appealing.) The home improvement section had some really nice bathroom cabinets that she might get, rather than the crap in the house now, but this paycheck had already been reserved for her haircut, rent, and a dollar limit on landscaping (which we stayed within, thank you very much). Ooh, I found the USB-plug desk fan I've been wanting, and it's half the price I saw online! Um, what did we come in here for again? Oh, yeah. They didn't have any walking shoes included in the sale, but I did pick up three swimsuits that weren't so stylishly long that I can't swim in them.

Seriously, we need her mom to sell the house back in Las Cruces and move out here now, before we really get ourselves into trouble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home