Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours.

Some of my poison ivy rash started diminishing on Friday, about a week after it appeared. (It's not gone, though.) Other bumps started emerging on Sunday, but they aren't as itchy. The ones on my palms periodically give me fits, and I'm starting to think the rash on my waist (thanks to the constant irritation and humidity) never will go away.

I have an interesting other itching experience to tell you about. On Saturday, when Thing One and I were plant shopping from the clearance remnants at a major retail chain (she bought more than I did, so hush), I felt as if several insects were suddenly biting or stinging my right thigh. I didn't see anything (well, as much as I could see without adjusting my shorts to an indecent level for public view), and the feeling went away after a few minutes. Yesterday evening, I was repotting some of the plants I had bought, and I felt the stinging again. It was in the same area on the same leg, but I was wearing different underpants and shorts than on Saturday, and I wasn't wearing a shirt, shoes, or socks, so I know the clothing didn't contribute to the episode. I wonder if it was one of the plants. I wonder if it was one particular plant (which I can't name right now, since I don't remember what the tag said). I wonder if I would feel any differently if I wore pants when working with that plant. I wonder if the plant doesn't realize that I'm Cap'n Chlorophyll and I mean it no harm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home