Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, August 01, 2011

A day late, and however-much-a-cup-of-coffee-costs-these-days short

One national donut chain mailed me a postcard for "a free medium beverage*". Since I don't drink coffee (or any of its variations), I brought the card in to work for Thing One to use. Or, I thought I had. I didn't find it in my gym bag. I didn't find it at home. I found it just a few minutes ago, on the ballfield I cross on the way to work every morning. (I saw it and wondered what the chance was that someone else received one of those cards and happened to drop it there. I guess "slim to none" is the answer.)

Wouldn't you know it? The coupon expired yesterday.


* A note to the chain management: Since you're supposedly a donut store, why don't you send me a coupon for a free donut?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home