Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, October 03, 2011

Pee-Wee's Big Adventure

It's not that we're codependent or anything, but yesterday was the first time I ventured out for a day of errands without Thing One. (She and her mom went downtown to the weekly farmers' market with a coworker.)

I went to Southeastern Salvage to buy a pot large enough for the discounted palm tree I got at the grocery store. (I browsed but didn't see anything else I liked.) Then I went to McKay's; I had decided to use my accumulated bowling prize money for books and CD's. I didn't find many of the books I wanted (after the third search, I really think that everyone else must like the books I like, so they hold onto them instead of getting rid of them), but I did find several CD's. (They were better alphabetized, but that's probably because there were a lot fewer of them to sort.) I was interested to note that used CD's cost about twice as much as used books, unless they're scratched (the CD's, not the books). I was more than a bit hungry by then, and it was after the post-church rush, so I had a late lunch (veal parmesan) at Gondolier Pizza. On the way home, I stopped by Aldi for groceries.

You're probably dying to know if I had set a limit on what I would buy at McKay's. Indeed I did, and I stayed within that budget. Well, pre-tax I did. That counts, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home