Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, September 15, 2011

You all want me to have a good night's sleep, so I don't share my weird dreams with you.

I dreamt that my mom and I were at an Episcopal church, looking for my buddy Robomarkov. It was a large church, and the part of the congregation we were in was off to the side, so the service was nearly over before any of us could hear that it was already going on. The minister called out for hymn #2, but someone changed the signboard and posted an omega symbol in front of the two. I opened the hymnal and looked in the front, but it wasn't that page two. It wasn't the next one, either. The third one (and what sort of book starts numbering its pages three times [in Arabic numerals each time]?) was the right one, but it showed just the words, not the music. I told my mom she'd remember the tune ("Be Thou My Vision", if you care) once it started, but I couldn't read the hymnal where she was holding it, so I tried to carry the tune for her and hoped I remembered the words correctly.

Then I was outside, with my paternal grandmother, walking under some trees, toward the church doors. This time, we were looking for my mom. When we got to the church, a guy told us that everyone had left, except some people working on the candles, and my mom wasn't with them. We walked on, and I told my grandmother that we were on the campus of the school where I work, and I explained that it was just like the small, college campus in the town where she lived, except the college also had female students, and they were in their twenties, not their teens.

My grandmother had a large (and I mean almost as big as she was, but she was still able to carry it in one hand), styrofoam cup of green soda. She set it down to take a drink from the straw, and some boys playing frisbee nearby pinched a bit of the cup so that the green soda flowed from the side. (I, naturally, was indignant. The boys, naturally, didn't care.) A large fly (proportionately large, like the cup) was attracted to the sweet soda but got caught under the flow. With one tremendous burst of energy, it managed to fly out of the stream.

Then, Skippy showed up and told me that I should look for a song by the band "Hot Dog Brownie, Old Fudgies, and Go". Then my alarm clock woke me up.

My first thought was I think even pregnant women with cravings wouldn't want to eat that. My second thought was I don't think I'd be interested in music by that group; it sounds like a punk band. My third thought was that I didn't go to bed late, but I had woken up several times in the night (two of those times, I heard it raining), so maybe it's not the duration of sleep but the quality that counts.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, September 15, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

Hey, you still had a better night's sleep than I did.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home