Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, November 03, 2011

Requiem for a Kitten

Upon arriving at work yesterday morning, I heard something that sounded like meowing. It was a kitten, hiding under the shipping container which Froggy dumped in our parking lot some months ago. I asked Thing One to notify the local animal shelter, as I figured someone would adopt it. She wanted it, though, since she has a soft spot in her heart for animals.

She came to pick it up, cuddled it as I drove her home, and gave it a saucer of milk. It wasn't until she put it on the rug that we realized the poor thing's back legs didn't work at all. Alas, it still went to the shelter, but for an entirely different reason. At least it was comforted and fed in its last hours.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, November 03, 2011 , Blogger Betty said...

Aww, poor kitten.

I'd be happy to offer her another stray kitten, since I happen to have one handy, but, alas, it's a bit far to transport it.

 
At 12:21 PM, November 03, 2011 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I hate sad stories... This one made me sad. How about something uplifting?!

 
At 4:54 AM, November 04, 2011 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Give me time. I think I can share something you'll enjoy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home