Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, April 16, 2012

Yesterday sucked.

After I vacuumed my office, I noticed that a paper clip had gotten caught in my vacuum cleaner.  It also seemed like the hose attachment had lost suction, so I decided to open up the machine and see what I could see.

The attachment suction was fixed by removing the bag (which needed replacing anyway) and clearing out the blockage of dead leaves from my houseplants.  (Can I still call them houseplants if they're in my office?)  The paper clip would need a little more doing.  Instead of snapping off and on like my mom's vacuum, the bottom plate of mine is screwed on.  So, dig out the screwdriver, and...

Wow, that's a lot of dust in there!  There was so much dust, it was crammed into crevices like that gray, foamlike weatherstripping you sometimes see.

Funnily enough, the vacuum performed much better after I cleaned and reassembled it.  Oh, I also got the paper clip out.  I don't know where that long, blond hair came from, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home