Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, June 14, 2012

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

According to the classic commercial, three.  Coincidentally, that's the number of lawnmowers two of my crew broke yesterday.  (One knocked off one of the cutting units by running it up against a foul pole on one of the baseball fields, and then the battery gave out on his replacement mower.  The other guy flattened a tire so badly, it came off the rim.)  Then there was the employee who injured himself with the hedge trimmer, in a way that I can't quite figure out.  Then there was the guy who went home sick.  Then I had to print and present the staff training.  Then I helped my irrigation guy check if his repair from yesterday took or not.  Finally, I was able to get back to seeking the main irrigation line for the area under construction, in case they hit another sprinkler line.  (We found a valve that shuts off three sites at once, but I'd really like to find a shutoff valve for just this site, so I don't kill the grass on the varsity baseball and the lacrosse fields.) Did I mention that I've worked late four days straight so far?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home