Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, June 15, 2012

I felt like Charlie Brown at Halloween.

The project dominating my time (and thoughts) this week has been trying to find an irrigation line at a construction site, before they break it again.  If any plans exist for this site, they're lost in a roomful of disorganized plans.

At one point, I tried using a metal detector to locate the shutoff valve which we hope exists.  (You see my problem?  Not only do we not know where anything is underground, what we really want to find might not be there in the first place!)  This was a snowball's chance in Hades, since it's most likely a plastic valve in a plastic box.  The detector beeped whenever it sensed a cluster of small rocks/gravel, a large rock (but, oddly enough, not large rocks showing at the surface), or, rarely, bits of metal.  I found the bottom of a dip/tobacco can, one of those clips that holds an ace bandage in place, a penny (at least I got paid for my troubles), and scissors.

In my next life, I hope I have x-ray vision, so I won't have to go through all this again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home