Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I was chatting with a friend today, and he told me that he feels a lot better about Noogats now that he knows me.  He was tired of everyone being so religiously conservative and traditional, and he thinks of me as eccentric (in a good way).  It's tough, you know, having all that responsibility for restoring his faith in humanity.

My first thought was of He-Man.  (You know:  "I have the power!")  He's so much more macho than Aladdin's Genie ("Supreme Executive Power!  itty bitty living space."), although the genie was more fun to have around.

I rather think I'm more like Captain Peacock in this situation.  When Mr. Humphries asked him, "What's it like to have all that power?" he replied, "Frightening."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home