Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, July 23, 2012

A change is as good as a rest.

How is it that I've been on a roof twice in the three years I've held this job but nowhere else I've worked?  I told one of my employees, "I'm the grounds manager, not the rooves manager."

On Friday, my crew had to get on the (flat) roof of a building to cut up part of a tree which had fallen onto it.  Silly me, I thought it a nice opportunity to see what that dorm looked like on the inside.  Curiosity killed the cat, as they say, and I ended up on the roof with my crew.  I still don't know how I ended up sweeping water to the roof drains.  (And why wasn't the water draining on its own?  And why do people make anything but pitched rooves in the first place?)

Mind you, I'd still prefer a rest, so I'm glad that my semi-annual vacation trip to New Mexico begins tomorrow.  (If you don't hear from me until August, that's why.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home