Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Two for Two

I received a second e-mail about a job interview.  This one is for a landscape company in San Antonio.  (That's Texas, not New Mexico.)

That opens up the possibility that I might have to choose a job.  Okay, that's not such a bad thing, especially after almost two months of searching, but decision making has never been one of my strong suits.

During my walk this morning, I brought up pro's and con's of the opportunities.  San Antonio is closer to my mom, but Baltimore would be more of an indoors job.  Both cities have ample places to live and interesting things to do and to explore.  Of course, I don't have an idea yet what either position will pay.  Last night, I started a spreadsheet of expenses vs. income for each city, for a practical way to compare living necessities, if not the jobs themselves.

My mind went on to other things, but just before I opened the door to my apartment, it popped into my head that San Antonio has the edge, if only because of its proximity to my mom, its similar cost of living to the Noog, and the lack of state income tax.

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, October 16, 2012 , Blogger Betty said...

Too bad it's not San Antonio, NM. We would practically be neighbors! You know, by New Mexico standards.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home