Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, April 14, 2013

If you lived here, you'd be home by now.

I enjoyed apartment hunting yesterday.  I searched the major apartment websites online, took notes, and made a list of the sites that tickled my fancy somehow.  Out of 61 complexes, I starred 15.  I visited 9 yesterday; 2 others were closed.  I'll visit those two and the other 4 tomorrow and Tuesday, after work.  I have found 1 I prefer above the other 8 visited (some of them were just this side of being dumps), but then I wondered if I could find as good a deal for less money.

So, I created a spreadsheet with the complex names, monthly rents, areas, and cost per square foot.  For the master, I sorted it alphabetically.  Then I sorted by cost per square foot.  There were a bunch (more than a dozen) on there that I hadn't starred, and now I'm second-guessing myself and pondering visiting them, as well.

As much as I want to make sure I get a good deal, I also want the temporariness of hotel living to be done.  I want to find a place and sign a lease so that I'll have an address to have my storage unit shipped to, so I can get on with living.

I decided to double-check the annual budget I drafted, to see how the possible rent would hit me.  At the moment, I'm procrastinating by typing this.  I want my fairy godmother to wave her magic wand and find the best possible apartment at a price I could afford.  In the meantime, this is the front-runner.  It's next to the riverpark (the only complex there in my price range), has apartments large enough for my furniture (and, after the walkthrough, also oriented correctly for my furniture), seems to be kept up, and includes a washer/dryer in the apartment, included in the rent (none of the others I've seen have that in my price range, either), so I wouldn't have to stash a year's supply of quarters in the place (the price for one load of laundry here at the hotel is astonishing).  The downside is that it would be a very long commute to work.  (That's another reason I'm pondering continuing the search.)

Sigh.  I hate being a wembler.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home