Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Sunday, June 30, 2013

I look better in low light, too.

I took a walk around my neighborhood after I woke up this morning.  It was the first time I have done so, and I was pleased to see how certain streets connected, so I have alternate ways in and out of the area, in case my primary route is blocked.  (I also discovered a back way for pedestrians into a nearby "big box" village.)  It was the most I have walked since I got to Tulsa, and I felt invigorated afterward, so I hope to have the opportunity to do it again.

It was a pleasant morning (end of night, for some of you), and I found a few nice looking places to live, should I ever get tired of here.  There is a street of duplexes which impressed me with how clean the area was and how neat the buildings appeared.  Then I recalled that it was dark and that they might not look the same after sunrise.  (I haven't walked around during the day because it gets too hot and humid.)  One apartment complex had a section where the patios made me think of a streetfront cafe.  All that was missing were some tiny, white lights and large umbrellas.  (What were in their places were, at most, a pair of those cheap, plastic patio chairs.)

Yesterday morning, I laundered a load of towels and made a batch of my shortbread cookies, to take in to work.  (The ones that didn't get overcooked, that is.)  I know I have to do laundry next weekend, but maybe I can load the washer, start my walk, return to transfer my clothes to the dryer, and continue walking until the dryer is done.  (I like to do laundry early, too, since I know few people will be up then to compete for machines.)  Plus, I'll have Thursday (Independence Day) through Sunday off, so that's more time for both laundry and walking.

I flattened and bundled much of the newspaper I had used to pack my owl figurines (still have a few boxes to unpack) and hung many of my bathroom pictures, so the apartment is (a little) less cluttered and appears more homey than homely.  I think today (if I stay in the mood), I'll finish the newspaper bundling and then store my computer and stationery stuff in and around my computer desk, so I can get those boxes off my coffee table.  Then, of course, there are the boxes still occupying part of the sectional (so what's the point of clearing off the coffee table?)...  But, no, I don't want to overexert myself, do I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home