Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Them's the brakes.

This morning, I almost became stranded at one of the schools (again).  My backup-backup truck (A110) wouldn't start (again).  Thankfully, the psychic mechanic (do they ever send anyone else out to rescue vehicles?) eventually (after experiencing the same problem I had) got the truck started, and I drove it straight to the transportation department.  (Well, not exactly straight, as I had to make some right and left turns, and the roads are curvy at times.)

I turned in my key, and the woman asked what needed to be fixed.  This time, the psychic mechanic thinks it needs a new starter, so I told the woman that.  "But since it's here," I mentioned some other problems I've noticed but didn't bother reporting, since I didn't want to lose my last-chance truck for months on end.  The brakes need work (seriously, their stopping power is almost non-existent, but since it's the only vehicle available, I risk my life driving it several times a day).  The passenger side, rear tire has a slow leak.  The windshield wiper blades need to be replaced.  "Anything else?" she asked.

Why, yes.  Could they possibly tell me the status of the other two trucks I turned in (A137 in late July and A109 in May)?  Amazingly, A137 (the one that said it was overheating) is supposed to be ready today, once they test drive it to make sure.  I'll believe it when they actually hand me the keys.  As far as A109 (the one I turned in because the very non-specific "check engine" light came on) goes, they haven't been told a thing.

For now, it appears that I'm on foot.  No, wait.  I'll have my boss drive me everywhere until my trucks are fixed!  That should get some results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home