Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, September 09, 2013

Sharing My Good Mood

I was in a good mood all day today.  I got a decent night's sleep.  I learned that my state tax refund finally was deposited, so I have enough money for an anticipated escrow payment.  I learned into which account my trip reimbursement was deposited, so I no longer will hyperventilate about having next to nothing in my checking account.  I remembered to gas up my car on the way to work.  No employee called me to say, "Um, Cap'n, I broke the mower again."  (Indeed, no employee called me, nor did my bosses!)  I dropped my box of nearly 500 business cards -- and none of them fell from the box!  My meeting with a principal was friendly, and we agreed on the work to be done on her hedge.  I bought bagels to give my mom for her birthday later this week.  (My request for some time off, to visit my mom for her birthday, was approved.)  I aired up my tires and verified proper levels of oil, coolant, and windshield fluid in my car.  (About the only downer for the day, if you can even call it that, was when the mechanic couldn't find where to check the power steering fluid and saw that the transmission checkpoint is almost unreachable and needs a special tool, from which he deduced that it's a closed system and I'll have to have any work done by an (expensive) professional, if, heaven forfend, any of those components breaks down.)  The monthly staff meeting kept me late, but my boss's boss actually had kind words for my crew -- and we had cake!  When I got home, I saw that the unfinished sidewalk has finally been replaced.

So, you'll understand why I had this song on replay in my head today, and you'll pardon me for sharing it's annoyingly chipper, upbeat tune with you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home