Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, October 25, 2013

Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon...

The maintenance guy stopped by my apartment yesterday afternoon and said he installed the new part on my furnace and tested it.  The left side was fine, but the right side took ten seconds before "Bwoosh!" again.  He called another guy (not sure if it was an HVAC professional or another apartment guy who knows more about furnaces), and that guy said the combustion chamber was rusted out.  So, they're going to replace my whole furnace.  And, while they're doing that, they'll replace my air conditioning unit, as well!

I'm tempted to go by the office and point out to the manager that I didn't ask for any of this, so don't start thinking of me as one of the "needy" residents.

The maintenance guy left a space heater with me, in case it gets too cold for me before the furnace arrives.  My apartment temp. dropped from 71 degrees to 68 degrees overnight, so I was okay, but if it gets much colder, I'll need to plug in the heater.

Another "maybe" is that the computer guy might come by tonight and set up my new machine and transfer files from the old to the new.  He asked if Friday would be all right, and I told him any time after 3:30 p.m., but he never replied to confirm.

So, I might be toasty warm and surfing the web again this weekend, or I might be shivering and reading more books.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, October 25, 2013 , Blogger Betty said...

Good luck! Although more books is never a bad thing, in itself...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home