Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hit the Road, Jack

I'll be on vacation next week (so no blog posts, sorry), which means another 10-11 hour drive, each way, between Tulsa and Albuquerque.  I went to the library today to pick up audiobooks, as I have done in the past.  I picked up House of Earth by Woody Guthrie because, "Gee, I didn't know Woody Guthrie had written anything besides songs."  I also borrowed Light in August by William Faulkner because I've never read anything by him, and he's considered a "classic, must-read" author.  Together, they add up to 22 hours.  I hope they're interesting.  (I wonder how much the library would fine me for tossing CD's out the window along the highway.)

I suppose it's all up to one's taste, but I'd prefer to listen to something I already know I'd like.  For example, why couldn't the library stock an audiobook of The Muppet Show albums like the childhood LP's back at my mom's house?  Some of the skits are fine as audio-only, and they don't get stale with age.  This example immediately popped into my head.  It is one of my favorites.  (Sorry I couldn't embed the video.  Either the website or the office computer wouldn't cooperate.)

2 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, May 23, 2014 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be on vacation, too. I am going to dirty toaster waffles!

I suppose I should come out to Tulsa and visit some time.

 
At 2:39 PM, May 23, 2014 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

Dirty toaster waffles?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home