Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, May 09, 2014

Long Day's Journey into Dusk

I sat on my patio about three hours this afternoon.  I read.  I enjoyed the 77 degree day in the shade.  I listened to the birds (just finches, I think; I suspect the blue jay isn't nesting in the nearby tree this season, after all) and pondered how truly lovely the day would be if I didn't hear those air conditioner units running.  I pondered (ideas for two different perennial beds, and character names for two different stories, should I ever get the urge to write something).  I thought about putting together a jigsaw puzzle this weekend.  I forgot all about work.  I utterly relaxed.

The only thing that would've made the afternoon better is a bag of Cheetos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home