Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, September 15, 2014

It's Like Cheap Dinner Theater

I stopped by my local pizza joint, NYC Pizza, to pick up a pie.*  I go to this place because it is authentic, East Coast pizza.  How authentic?  The owner (and his sons) speak with Brooklyn accents.  The sauce is just sweet enough.  The size is large enough that you can fold your slice in half (lengthwise) to eat it.  Plus, as I learned during this visit, they speak with Brooklyn attitude.

I walked up to the counter.  The owner was on the phone.  The "f-ing bitch" took 200 "f-ing dollars" without "f-ing" permission.  (I'll spare you the rest of the conversation.)  In short, he was telling his friend about an employee (I'm guessing a soon-to-be-ex-employee) who needed money for something and took it from the cash register.  He kept his telephone conversation going as he took my order (accurately).  I was quite surprised, as I don't expect business owners to use profanity in front of customers, then realized, "Oh yeah, New York."  Now that's authentic!

* I seem to be physically incapable of eating just one slice of pizza at a sitting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home