Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, August 07, 2014

It's a Frame-Up

When I got home yesterday, I saw that a framework for the new privacy fence had been mounted to the old posts.


Looks fine, right?  Take a closer look.
The old posts are so far out of plumb that the carpenters had to add blocks to make the new fence hang straight.  (Note that the closer post needed more -- and wider -- blocks than the farther one.)

The new fence was put up today.  Here's the result.
I asked the apartment manager yesterday, when I saw the framework, if the fence would keep the meter reader from checking the gas meters.  She assured me there would be a space to make sure the reader could do this.  Maybe I don't understand what she meant, but I can't see the meters any more.  Can you?

Finally, here's what it looks like from inside my apartment.  I can see almost none of the grass in the courtyard, but at least I won't have neighbors peering in through my sliding glass door as they walk by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home