Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

In Which I Ponder a Felony

After I registered my car in late June, I mailed in a request for a "vanity" license plate.  (My choices, in order of preference, were CORTEX, XCALIBR, and PORKPIE.)  When I received my next checking account statement, I saw that the check hadn't been deposited yet.  That's okay; it probably got stuck on some red tape.  After the next statement, it still hadn't been deposited.  Maybe I ought to call and see if my request ever arrived, or if it had been lost in the mail.

Lo and behold, the mail brought my new license plate -- after two-and-a-half months.  (That tape was, indeed, sticky.)  I got my first choice, which happens to be the same license plate as I had before I moved to the Noog.  So, I simply retrieved my old plate from the basement, put the new registration sticker on it, and mounted it to my car.  I now have a spare license plate, should my old one ever fade away or become damaged.

I also have the initial plate I was given in June, and it still has a valid registration sticker on it.  If I were criminally minded, I could use that plate on a different vehicle, for nefarious purposes.  Or, I could just use that plate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home