Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Better Living through Sarcasm

Despite afflictions associated with aging, my mother retains her sense of humor.  In other words, she still laughs at my bad jokes and puns.

When our local PBS channel recently had its biannual pledge drive, the gardening shows we normally watch on Saturday mornings were pre-empted by "special" programs that are aired only during fundraising time.  My mom asked me, "Do you want to watch Yoga for Arthritis?"  I answered, "Why would anyone do yoga if it's going to give them arthritis?"

At another time, my mom saw an overweight woman (maybe an actress, maybe a game show contestant) on TV and politely remarked, "She's kind of heavy."  "If that's 'kind of'," I replied, "I'd hate to see 'very'."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home