Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, August 04, 2017

G-d Save Me from Helpful People

When I arrived home last night, I saw that someone had mowed our front lawn.  I don't know where to begin.

1) It's a Buffalograss lawn.  It grows no more than 3" to 4" tall.  It doesn't need mowing.
2) We have a reel mower.  I don't need anyone to do it for me.
3) We didn't ask or tell anyone to do it.
4) The person cut it so short, the grass is scalped.  Instead of a grayish green grass that fluffles gently in the breeze, we have a yellow and brown crew cut.
5) The person didn't bother removing the grass clippings from the sidewalk.  (I went out after dinner and swept them onto the remnanats of the lawn myself.)

Then, when I went to the fridge to get dinner, I saw that the Thursday caregiver had pre-heated two TV dinners.  That's a common part of the services provided.  However, there already were two TV dinners pre-heated by the Wednesday caregiver -- and the last of the Chinese restaurant leftovers from the weekend and the leftovers from the large tray of chicken and pasta I had cooked on the weekend.  Do I have to leave a note that says, "If there's already food in the fridge, don't make more!"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home