Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Friday, August 04, 2017

G-d Helps Those Who Help Themselves

I thought yesterday's morning commuters were worse than normal:  more speeders ("maniacs") than usual; more drivers who pass me, pull in front of me, then slow down; more people driving at an inconsistent speed, so I come up behind them, start to pass them, then they speed up; and the two (not just one) drivers who passed me on the on-ramp to the interstate.

This morning was worse.  I had barely started my commute.  I had left my neighborhood and turned on to the connector road.  At the next development entrance, some schmuck in an expensive, foreign sports car either ignored the stop sign or didn't see me on the road or was distracted or was merely stupid and pulled in front of me.  I hit my brakes; s/he hit his/her brakes.  We didn't collide.  (Um, I was already awake; I didn't need the adrenaline jolt, thank you.)

Shortly after, at the stoplight to turn from the connector road onto the arterial road, I had a green arrow to turn left, and the car next to me had a green light to drive straight ahead.  We proceeded.  The car across from me in the opposite left-turn lane, who had arrived too late to trigger his/her own turn arrow and (should have) had a red light, also proceeded and made the turn on red.  The car next to me and the car across from me did not collide.

I think it's great that I'm alert enough and aware enough and have a decent response time to get around all these idiots.  Still, I think I'll stay home this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home