Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, August 17, 2017

My Mom Used to Say I Was Too Big for My Britches

When my mom needs to go someplace, I drive her in her car.  Occasionally, I'll use mine.  The caregiver also sometimes takes my mom places.

Any time I use the car after the caregiver, I have to lower the seat and move it back and adjust the mirrors.  Indeed, I have to perch on the edge of the seat and adjust it before I can get my head or legs into the car.  The past couple of times I have done this, I've noticed that my legs don't quite straighten out, my view through the top of the windshield is less than it was before, and the digital speedometer is obscured by the top edge of the dashboard.  (The analog speedometer is still visible.)  This makes me feel that I'm getting taller.

I kind of think that maybe the seat isn't going as far back and down as it used to.  I'm not sure because the seat controls aren't giving any obvious symptoms, like whining or grinding, that they just can't do as much as they used to.  I had the brief thought of taking it to the dealership to have it checked out, but since it's a luxury car, any repair is liable to be expensive.  I guess I'll just have to get used to bending over the steering wheel to see when red lights turn green.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home