Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, November 01, 2018

Lies, Da*n Lies, and Statistics

Every Halloween since I can remember, my mom would count how many children come to the door.  If you think this is a bit obsessive or nit-picky, try to think of it as gauging how much candy we'll need to buy for next year.

Last night was "cold" in the mind of Albuquerqueans.  I thought it finally dropped to the typical temperature I was used to trick-or-treating in back in N.J.  I (figuratively) shudder to think of the temperatures in more northern states or Canada.

Because of the temperature, I had only 2/3 of last year's number:  190 instead of about 300.  When I bought candy, I recalled from last year that only two of the 150-piece bags would be enough.  More than enough for this year, apparently.  Oh, well.  More candy for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home