Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Poor Sports

I don't watch much TV, but I still review the TV schedule to see if something interesting might be on.  Usually, it's a whole bunch of channels with nothing that interests me.  "Who would watch that?" I tend to think.  Who, indeed?

Last night (Tuesday, May 7, 2019), my schedule said that ESPN2 would air "Cornhole:  ACL Mania" from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m.  I don't know what that is in the sporting world, but in the vernacular I learned, "cornholing" isn't something you're allowed to show on television.

Immediately after that, from 8:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m., was "WATL Axe Throwing:  Canadian Open".  What size axes do they use?  At what (or whom) do they throw them?  Do they have men's and women's heats, or are the competitions mixed?  Finally, the biggest question, who would watch axe throwing for two hours?

Wasn't there a baseball game somewhere they could televise?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home