Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Seeing Things

Along with my actual waist size, there are a couple of other reasons I couldn't believe my eyes this weekend.  And it's only Saturday afternoon.

First, I saw four, teenage boys on bikes in my neighborhood.  I see lots of people out exercising, walking dogs, or playing:  parents, elderly, children -- but never teenagers.  I started thinking that maybe there aren't any in my neighborhood.  No teenager ever offered to mow my mom's lawn or shovel her sidewalks before I moved in with her, and I thought it was because they were too lazy or didn't want pocket money.  Maybe they didn't even exist.  The question now is:  are they all inside, playing video games?

The second thing I saw was during my walk this morning.  I saw an aluminum, beer can in the street.  I haven't had to pick up an aluminum can in years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home