Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, December 11, 2006

Driving while Dumb

I found some notes I had written a while back that complement yesterday’s post, so I thought I’d add them here.

NMSU has a nice community for families of students. One day, I noticed a young boy on the sidewalk, watching me drive by. There wasn’t anyone else around, so I figured he was playing alone. "Wouldn’t it be terrible," I thought, "if I ran over his imaginary friend?"

Passing in front of the building that houses the campus honors program, I had to apply the brakes to avoid hitting three students that decided to jaywalk in front of me, barely 50 feet from the crosswalk. Obviously, honors students don’t have to be smart.

I always drive the speed limit. Why is it that other drivers either zoom by me or drive a full ten miles per hour under the limit? (An old Camaro made me think of this one.)

I had the green light at an intersection, but that doesn’t necessarily mean anything in New Mexico. A driver on the cross street, to my right, made a right turn to end up in front of me. He was on a cell phone, so obviously his brain did not register that the light for him was as red as his SUV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home