Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Plethora

It is time to order next year's calendar, according to the page inserted between August and September of my current one. However, I don't want one like I have now. I want one simpler and thinner. I want one that opens up and shows the month on two pages and lays flat on my desk. Beats me if I can find it, though. There are far too many choices.

Is it a calendar, planner, or desk pad? Will it be used at home, at school, or in the office? Do I want one that's daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, two-yearly, or school-yearly? Do I want to keep track of daily tasks, appointments, future plans, or just organize my life?

Actually, I want one that looks just like the picture on the "monthly" page. There's no link embedded in the picture, though. Let's try "desk pad", since that's where I'll put it. Nope, wrong choice; that's all those blotter-size, giganto-calendars.

The "planner" link worked out better; it shows pictures similar to what I want and calls them "monthly planners". Now, do I want one that's executive, large, premiere, duo, academic, refillable, scenic, floral, or erasable? (Wouldn't erasable depend on whether or not you use a pencil or a pen?) How about just a plain "monthly planner"? Shall I choose item #G400, G440, G450, or G470? (That's just the first 16 choices out of 134.)

This is what I think I want, but they still have to confuse me. Under "product info", they describe the closure, format, rings, size, and style. What, pray tell, is an "open closure"?

It might be easier (definitely cheaper) if I just drew lines and wrote words and numbers on some scratch paper.

And, yes, the title is a witty reference. Did you catch it? It's one of the words used in "Bulbous Bouffant" by The Vestibules, available on the Dr. Demento 30th Anniversary Collection: Dementia 2000. Lyrics are available here, but they don't capture the insanity as well as actually hearing the song.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, August 17, 2007 , Blogger Betty said...

Oddly, I've had bits of "Bulbous Bouffant" stuck in my head lately. I have no idea quite what that means.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home