Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A Terrible Man with a Terrible Name

And last of all an Admiral came,
A terrible man with a terrible name,
A name which you all know by sight very well,
But which no one can speak, and no one can spell.
Robert Southey, "The March to Moscow", stanza 8.

I have finally thought of a name for my co-assistant manager, the one who is inseparable from Ob. As you know, I was vexed for quite some time because I could not think of a concise yet appropriate blog name for him. ("If thou hast no name to be known by, let us call thee devil!" William Shakespeare, Othello, Act II, Scene 3) From here on, I shall refer to him as "Sub". Here's my reasoning.

1) It's short, and "Ob and Sub" has a nice ring to it.
2) He is below Boss, both in position and capabilities, so sub-manager seems an appropriate appellation.
3) He is corpulent, as if he has eaten too many large sandwiches in his life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home