Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, December 10, 2007

But it doesn't do windows.

We have a new copier in the office. The picture doesn't do it justice because ours is on a wheeled stand, so it is much taller and mobile. It is taller than R2-D2 but shorter than a Dalek.

This copier can do much more than our old one. It can copy. It can fax. It can take a single-sided original and turn it into a two-sided copy. Or, if you prefer, it can do exactly the opposite. It can even fax a two-sided original as two one-sided pages. Plus, it can take two or four originals and tile them onto a single, one-sided copy. It might even sing and dance for all I know.

I'm starting to communicate fairly well with it, even though we don't speak the same language. I was pondering if the copier is more versatile than R2-D2, but I don't speak R2's language. I need someone who can translate between robot and human languages. I'm tall enough to be C3PO, and I'm certainly proper enough, but I don't know enough languages. Any volunteers?

1 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, December 10, 2007 , Blogger Betty said...

I'm not going to volunteer or anything. I just wanted to comment appreciatively on the fact that you're starting to talk like a bona fide nerd. I feel so proud! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home