Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Talk to the Hands

When I got to thinking about it, I did a lot of manual things this past few days. On Saturday, I learned about basic plumbing. On Sunday, I put out my farolitos. Yesterday, I checked all the fluids in a truck I was borrowing (and needed help only to find the brake fluid) and then tied down a load of empty 5-gal. pots in the back.

I thought I did an admirable job, too, but Worker Bee suggested we simply put a tarp over them, and attach that with bungee cords. Twenty miles down the road, he realized that the tarp was sliding back because of wind and pondered aloud that we probably should have just left the pots tied as I had done. (It's a bit hollow, but it's a victory for me nonetheless.)

With all that manual labor, I should have cracked open a cheap beer to celebrate after I got home from work -- if I had any cheap beer, that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home