Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Truth is Stranger than Fiction

I can be creative at times, but I don't think I could have made up anything that happened to me on Saturday. I certainly wouldn't have imagined the following news item printed in today's Las Cruces Sun-News.

Las Cruces Man Wanted for Alleged Undergarment Theft

LAS CRUCES — A Las Cruces man is being sought for allegedly breaking into a woman's home, going through her undergarments, and using her home phone to call the woman to tell her about it.

Daniel Navarette was indicted Thursday on one count of third-degree residential burglary.

A warrant for his arrest was issued June 26.

According to court records, Navarette allegedly broke into the woman's home on May 1.

While there, Navarette allegedly placed a call to the woman's cellular phone and made comments about her undergarments that were sexual in nature. The woman told police she had received similar calls from Navarette before.

When questioned by police, Navarette admitted to taking two pairs of the woman's undergarments, according to records.

The woman also told police Navarette once lived in her home, but was asked to leave.

3 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, July 16, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you are saying you have something in common with a panty thief?

What was so strange about Saturday?

 
At 3:25 PM, July 16, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh... THAT.


I am behind on my blog reading.

 
At 1:35 PM, July 17, 2008 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

It's amusing to think of you thinking of me as a panty thief.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home