Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, July 28, 2008

Water, Water Everywhere

The remnants of Hurricane Dolly (which, coincidentally, is one of my mom's nicknames) passed over this weekend. We had so much rain, for a moment I thought I was back in the Midwest in 1993. It did not rain between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday and between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Sunday. It is not raining this morning, so I think it has passed.

As I live on the second floor, my worry was minimal. There was only one insect (that I know of) which sought shelter inside my abode. I had to dump water from the saucers beneath my pots on the veranda several times. The parking lot fared pretty well, with no more than an inch or so of water up to the first parking spot (about 75 feet from the street). I couldn't quite host a regatta, but the water was pretty widespread.

At least I don't have to water my plants (or my neighbors') any time soon.

2 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, July 29, 2008 , Blogger Betty said...

Wow. We got rain up here, too, but nowhere near as much as that.

 
At 5:34 AM, July 30, 2008 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

The El Paso news yesterday (Mon. 7/29/08) showed footage of portions of Juarez, Chihuahua which are flooded.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home