Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I dunno. Can you picture me as a Bam-Bam?

In the case that I do manage to balance on a bicycle and start commuting to work that way, I thought I had better see how far I would need to pedal from home to the office (3.5 miles). If I get really exuberant, I also measured how far it is from work to the gym (6.9 miles) then from the gym to home (6.0 miles). That's a total of 16.4 miles round-trip on gym days. Is that reasonable on a bike?

On the chance I end up splurging for a motorcycle, I'd want to practice a lot before I get on the road with other people. That makes me sound like this guy, from Nightshade by Susan Wittig Albert.

A deafening va-room varoooom! thundered through the alley. It was the neighborhood scourge, Bam-Bam Baxter, who is a wanna-be biker. Bam-Bam has a new motorcycle, a big one. He's riding it in the alley until he gets the nerve to take it onto the street.

What if you just call me Scourge?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home