Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Once an overachiever, always an overachiever.

I found out yesterday that even large, network servers can get filled up. I couldn't "save as" a Word document, nor could I attach the file to an e-mail to send. The error message was that the hard disk was full.

I phoned new computer support, and when the old computer support guy who works for new computer support phoned me back, he said that I was #7 in the volume of files saved in memory -- out of 215 employees! That puts me in the 96th percentile -- about where I always scored in the Iowa Tests in elementary school.

It looks like I get to spend the day deleting files that are no longer needed or are, at the very least, old.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, September 05, 2008 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you burn your no-longer-needed files to a CDROM?

I invariably wind up needing some ancient file somewhere down the road.

 
At 12:37 PM, September 05, 2008 , Blogger Captain Chlorophyll said...

It beats the heck out of me. All of our files are on a master server in another building. Plus, our computer support staff was disbanded and scattered to the four winds.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home