Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, January 05, 2009

Feelin' Groovy

I'm back home after visiting my mother for Christmas.

While in Albuquerque, I noticed that some intersections have grooves cut in the asphalt, exactly like the ones I remember approaching toll booths (which, as far as I know, don't exist in New Mexico). I also observed that vehicle weights, combined with summer heat, have caused these grooves to flatten and begin filling in where the tires run over them most often.

We're scheduled to get red light cameras this month in Las Cruces. I don't know if the city is planning a similar pavement warning as in ABQ, but I would recommend against it. If they melt in ABQ, they most certainly will here, where it's, on average, ten degrees warmer on a given day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home