Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, August 24, 2009

Because I'm sure you all want to know how my phone is working.

You may recall (8/18/09) that my home telephone finally was connected. It appears to work fine; I can make and receive calls. In particular, I can receive telemarketing calls. They started just two days after my phone service. Since I can count on one hand the number of people to whom I gave my number, and since they are trusted family and friends, it must be the phone company who gave my number to all the yahoos that call just after I sit down to eat or right before I go to bed.

2 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, August 25, 2009 , Anonymous Robomarkov said...

Yes. You are correct. You have been sold out by your phone company.

Tell telemarketer the following: "Please add this number to your 'Do not call' list." They are required by law to do so and abide by it.

Add your number to the official government "do not call" registry at

https://www.donotcall.gov/

Charities and companies with whom you have had a business relationship in the past few years are exempt from "Do Not Call".

 
At 1:07 PM, September 03, 2009 , Blogger Geosomin said...

Yup.
The first call we got, a mere hour after having our phone hooked up at our place was a telemarketer.

*sigh*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home