Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My karma ran over my dogma.

I admit freely that I've probably misused the word karma, since I know very little about non-Christian religions (It has been a long time since confirmation class.) and even less about philosophy (except that Immanuel Kant was a real pissant who was very rarely stable). I just figure that I'm still paying for ticking off the campus phone service when I was a student.

Yesterday, the phone company finally gave me service, nearly a week later than promised. It turns out that the wrong wires had been connected in the box on the side of my apartment building. This is the second time in a row (verily, the second time in four years) this has happened. All the U.S. phone companies must be in collusion somehow.

There are few things more comforting than a parent's embrace or a dial tone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home