Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Campus E-mails.

My new location doesn't exactly have a typical work order system set up, so I don't have a list of amusing requests to share with you. However, the e-mail system does give me occasional smiles.

The computer guru sets up everyone's account with a "Community" folder and an "All" folder. Messages of importance that everyone should read (such as anything from the Headmaster) show up in my "All" folder. Non-essential messages to everyone (such as the update on an employee's heart surgery) get sent to the "Community" folder.

After we cut down a Cedrus deodara (Deodar Cedar), I posted a message to the Community that there are 15 logs available. I received six e-mails and nearly as many phone calls in three days. (Oddly, though, all the logs are still there.) Forty-eight hours ago, I mentioned that I'll be attending the Southern Brewers' Festival this weekend and asked if anyone else is going and would like to carpool. I have yet to receive a reply. Obviously, if it involves free wood, they're interested, but if they have to pay for their own beer, forget it.

This morning's e-mail brings the following. The toilet in the bathroom between offices 204 and 203 in the Park McCallie House is running and won't stop. It appears not to be the flapper but the refill shutoff. I played with it and can't get it to shut off. Ah, yes. I can see how a toilet jogging around the building could be an annoyance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home