Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, September 21, 2009

Quack-quack, Waddle-waddle

Chattanooga has had rain every day since Wednesday. (Although the school didn't get any on Friday, I saw it had rained downtown, as I drove through on the way to my cheesesteak.) It is raining right now. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, too.

I'm not sure what I can do with my crew. It's almost too wet to walk on the grass, let alone run a mower over it. It brings to mind the old McDonald's commercial with little girls from a camp, all wearing yellow raincoats and rubber boots (wellies), being taken to McDonald's because their camp is running out of ideas to entertain them. The girls sing a little camp chant they made up.

We are Nippersinkers.
We're in luck.
If it rains all week,
Just pretend you're a duck.
Quack-quack, waddle-waddle.
(repeat and fade)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home