Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Splish, Splash

It rained quite a bit yesterday. (Every time one of my employees would start to stripe a field for football practice, a downpour ensued.) It must have rained even more last night. The shop area, where my employees' break room and tool room are, has water all over the floor, and the carpeted hallway in the office area squishes. Out on campus, I saw dirt and pebbles on many of the sidewalks and streets. I can hardly wait to see what the rest of the day brings.

Update (3:14 p.m. EDT) - According to the rain gauge at the construction site on campus, we had an inch and a half of rain yesterday and four more inches overnight. According to eyewitnesses (i.e. people who stay up to all hours of the night), it poured around 11 p.m. We suspect our shop was flooded because we are at the low end of campus, right next to the retention pond. The pond must have flooded because the boat stored upside down on the concrete spillway, which is a good three feet over the two storm drains, was shifted, and the life vests stored underneath were moved, too. I'm glad I live on the second floor of a house and that it's built on the high end of the block.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM, September 17, 2009 , Blogger Betty said...

It's rained like crazy the last couple of days here, too. I think I'll blame you. Because, clearly, your weather influences our weather in some manner of which I am uncertain. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home