Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Saturday, October 03, 2009

The lights are on, but nobody's home.

I just finished my laps at the campus track. The lights had been left on overnight at the stadium, even though our big rivalry football game was away last night. I suppose it was to discourage retribution (if we won), exuberant celebration (if we won), or negative energy (if we lost).

It was tough getting in to the track for my laps. The main, pedestrian gates (which are usually open all the time) were shut. However, no one locked the drive-in gate to the stadium, nor the drive-in gate that passes under the stands, nor the drive-in gate to the field surface, where the ambulance parks during games. Ergo, someone seeking cardiovascular fitness would have trouble accomplishing his/her goal, but someone bent on destruction and driving a monster truck would have no problem getting in.

No, the level of illogic isn't any different here than anywhere else. It's just that my eyes have finally been opened to it, thanks to my boss telling me last week to prune off the new growth of the shrubs behind the dining hall. Obviously, it's not his expectation for plants to grow... or to grow larger than other, smaller species that could have been planted... or to conceal the utility vault they were planted there to hide in the first place.

Yeah, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home