Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Monday, October 12, 2009

You say you want a revolution.

Thomas Jefferson said something about people needing a revolution every 20 years to keep the government on their toes. (Or at least that idea is attributed to him.) For me, it seems like every 10 years.

When I graduated high school, I moved from NJ to NM to attend college. When I dropped out of graduate school, I moved from NM to AL to work. It so happened that my 10-year high school reunion also came that year. Aside from the debacle in AL causing me to return to NM the following year, I have just moved from NM to TN, again for a change in job. It so happens that this year is my 20-year high school reunion.

As much as I enjoy stability, circumstances seem to insert major moves for employment every 10 years. It makes me kind of wonder where I'll be 10 years from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home