Anhydrous Wit

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just Another Stupid Idea

Skippy (my new nickname for Nuboss, in case I haven't mentioned it before) handed out gift cards to those of us who attend the management meeting each weekday morning. Mine is worth $50 at Wal-Mart.

What is it with people, that they think everyone shops at Wal-Mart? The aisles are full of idiots (You know those people you think are bad on the roads? Well, put them behind shopping carts and cram them into narrow aisles and... You get the picture). The racks and shelves are full of cheap schlock (the shirts that stretched instead of shrank, the socks I wore holes through in less than a month, the easy-to-assemble furniture with stripped screws, misaligned holes, and out-of-plumb doors). And do you really want to eat the same food and wear the same clothes and watch the same DVD on the same flatscreen TV as half of America?

But go ahead and shop there. Just because I don't like it doesn't mean you won't. Besides, you'll help push up the price of my stock if you do.

Then I had an idea. Have you ever been to a store and seen that they will sell you gift cards to restaurants and other stores? I wonder if Wal-Mart does that. I wonder if I can redeem a gift card to purchase a gift card. I wonder if I can use my Wal-Mart gift card to purchase a Target gift card.

Seriously, what on earth does Wal-Mart have that's worth 50 bucks, that would convince me to deal with the hassles, and that wouldn't fall apart as soon as I got it home?

(Incidentally, I bought my employees $25 gift cards to Best Buy.)

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, December 23, 2009 , Blogger Geosomin said...

I recieved $50 for Starbucks.
That should be at least 3 lattes :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home